The recruiter position is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processes job requisitions.
- Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Coordinates appropriate employment testing.
- Conducts employment verifications.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing.
- Maintains employee referral program.
- Conducts orientation of new employees.
- Follows up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing of health, employment and insurance forms, notifying the department of employee's starting date and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Completes weekly report on employment activity.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, this educational requirement may be met through prior experience and/or industry experience specifically in computer business applications and administrative office management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers/scanners.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.