FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Modified: April 2015
Summary:The Admissions Representative is responsible for handling all types of inquiries received by the Institution which include telephone, direct mail, Internet and walk-ins. Additionally, the position requires the generation of personally developed leads through current students, outside resources and referrals from prospective students. The Admissions Representative must have ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and exhibit excellent communication skills both written and verbal. .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
The Admissions Representative will be responsible, but not limited to, the duties and tasks listed below:
- Report to Director of Admissions
- Adhere strictly to accrediting agency and U.S. Department of Education guidelines for proprietary school admissions
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Admissions manual and established by the Institution
- Use established phone scripts for all phone contacts.
- Schedule and conduct Admissions interviews
- Enroll qualified applicant and conduct required follow-up contacts
- Conduct all required follow-up with prospective and enrolled students
- Enter all required prospective student information and contacts in lead management system
- Participate in new student orientation
- Update, complete and submit all required reports and tracking logs
- Meet required daily/weekly/term performance goals
- Maintain clean and professional work area
- Attend all Admissions meetings
- Dress professionally (within the guidelines of our Personal Appearance Policy)
- Remain currents with knowledge of programs, services and career outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Positive interpersonal skills are required. Must have basic computer skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time well.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; Minimum 2 year degree required or the equivalent in college level course work completed
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Results oriented
- Five years minimum of professional work history
- Minimum of three years of sales experience – intangible products/services highly desired
- A proven history of successful results in past positions
- Proficient computer skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
None are required for this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. The employee must be able to communicate electronically and verbally via telephone and face-to-face.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work performed is carried out in an office and classroom setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. There are no environmental hazards.