SummaryThe collections specialist will be responsible for the collection of student accounts to reduce outstanding student accounts receivables. Ensure all activities and loan counseling is in place so students understand their responsibility in repaying their student loans, and that loans are administered in compliance with regulatory and CQLC policies. Review Accounts Receivable reports to determine initiation of collection and investigative actions. Arrange payment plans and payoff amounts with students. Perform miscellaneous accounts receivable billing functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- The duties of a Collections Specialist include working directly with the CQLC student population on three campus locations both Active and Graduates. To include, meeting daily with students on campus, making daily collection calls, generating delinquent letters, and monthly bills in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Serve as a liaison between Finance Department, Financial Aid Office, Registrar and other departments as required.
- Responsible for monitoring the receipt of payments from outside agencies, such as student loan lenders, third party servicers, guaranty agencies, and the Department of Education.
- Working with all students regarding delinquency issues. Providing repayment options, including spot jobs and part time work.
- Managing the weekly student Spot Job assignments for all three campus locations. Responsible for assigning students/tasks and monitoring student participation and loan payment after completion of work.
- Required to attend all Orientation Meetings, working with the Financial Aid Officers to collect 75% of all Start monies.
- Accountable for reducing delinquent student accounts based on aging buckets and assigned percentages.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Collection Role.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Monthly Delinquency notices
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
- Provide excellent & considerate service to students
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills and determination. Previous phone experience is preferred as well as strong Microsoft Office skills are required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree in Business, Finance or related field and 3-5 years of experience in Collections.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. The employee must be able to communicate verbally via telephone and face-to-face.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work performed is carried out in an office and classroom setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. There are no known environmental hazards.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications