|Title:||Pharmacy Technician Instructor|
Pharmacy Technician Instructor
As an instructor you will work with staff, faculty and students to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere, where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the job they need, to have the lives they want.
Must be able to conduct, evaluate and deliver course information that will meet standardized requirements for Pharmacy Technicians based on industry standards. Ensure that students achieve the soft skills and technical skills that lead to employability.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides in depth instruction to students to prepare them to assist in a pharmacy setting such as those found in hospitals, doctors office, and retail stores. The Pharmacy Technician program is designed to concentrate on three major areas:
- Core Requirements- teach the fundamental anatomy, physiology and medical terminology as well as skills required to establish and achieve education and career goals.
- Foundation Skills- instructs to a variety of pharmacy technician functions such as: drug calculation, preparation and distribution. Train to use proper techniques to carry out the typical job duties of a pharmacy technician.
- Employment Preparation- Educates on the fundamentals of communication, how to take information effectively, deal with conflict, and how to exceed their customers' expectations as well as time management.
- Demonstrate critical job searching skills and networking capabilities.
- Participates in weekly faculty meetings, scheduled in-service meetings, and graduation ceremonies.
- Teach subjects within the Pharmacy Technician curriculum
- Prepare and deliver lecture and lab demonstrations as outlined in curriculum
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills and conduct tutorial sessions as needed
- Monitor student dress code and professional behavior.
- Follow State requirements for Continuing Education Units
- Actively support campus initiatives, company policies and procedures, goals and student outcomes.
All Instructors should possess:
- Pharmacy Technician certification - CPhT is highly preferred.
- Associate Degree preferred in Medical/Health related field
- Minimum 5 years applicable experience with software applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Associates degree required, Bachelors degree and Masters degree preferred. Degree must be from an accredited institution recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
- Evening hours may be required.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Must be capable of teaching all courses in the program with a high level of knowledge, ability, organization and proficiency
- Teaching and/or presentation experience is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service, organizational and motivational skills
- Must be able available Monday - Friday.
- Essential Skills And Experience (skills, knowledge, abilities, education, certifications, licenses)
- Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in pharmacy setting