Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Last Modified: February 2017
The Staff Accountant will assist in managing company finances such as A/P, payroll, banking, general ledger, cash deposit postings, and day to day accounting functions financial reports.
- Payroll Processing
- Maintaining of employee files
- Monthly Company Benefit Reconciliations
- Daily Cash Posting
- Maintain Student Ledger Receivable Balances
- Accounts Payable Processing weekly
- Posting of Title IV monies weekly
- Monthly Tuition calculation and posting
- Assist with Month End close
- Key Metric reporting as required
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Possibility of occasional travel
- Individual must posses analytical thinking, logical thinking and multi-tasking abilities
- Individual must be able to establish priorities and organize efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal as well as written
- PC Proficiency required
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Accounting
- 3 -5 years accounting experience, preferably with payroll experience
- Proficient in accounting and financial software
- Previous Reporting Experience required
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. The employee must be able to communicate electronically and verbally via telephone and face-to-face.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work performed is carried out in an office and classroom setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. There are no environmental hazards.